Location: Fenwyck Heights, Spruce Grove, St. Michael’s Health Group,
Wilson Human Resources, on behalf of St. Michael’s Fenwyck Heights, is seeking flexible and dependable individuals sensitive to the physical, social, spiritual, and psychological effects of aging are invited to apply for immediate openings in an assisted living environment.
We are looking for Part Time Dietary Aides to join the team at the brand new St. Michael’s Health Group Fenwyck Heights facility in Spruce Grove, AB. The Dietary Aide prepares, handles and serves food to Residents and visitors in accordance with established standards, departmental procedures and time schedules. Also cleans kitchen equipment, floors and walls, operates the dishwasher and other machines and porters the hot food carts.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Unloads dish carts and prepares tableware and utensils for dishwashing.
- Cleans kitchen and dining room and storage room areas, servery equipment, utensils and dispensers. Strips soiled meal trays, pre-rinses dishes and cutlery and performs other related dish-utensil cleaning operations.
- Washes dishes as instructed in the dishwasher and maintains the dishwasher, dispensers and other equipment in a safe and sanitary condition. Follows operating instructions for equipment. Reports any malfunctions to the Manager.
- Adheres to food service sanitation practices in hand washing, reporting of illness and personal hygiene.
- Participates in and supports the Partnership in Injury Reduction Program operating within the facility.
- Cleans the dining rooms and other parts of the facility (Bistro, Family Dining/Kitchen, meeting rooms) when food service is provided. Cleans equipment, dishes, utensils and dispensers. Maintains a clean work area.
- Washes and scours pots and pans and returns them to the proper storage area. Maintains a clean work area.
- Transport, loads and unloads food supplies into storeroom, refrigerators and freezers. Responsible for Resident meal service which includes preparation, portioning and assembling of foods and utensils and serving to residents in the dining rooms within time schedules and correct procedures.
- Delivers the hot food carts to the appropriate serving area.
- Prepare sandwiches, desserts, salads, snacks & beverages as assigned by Cook.
- Assists in putting food leftovers away, labeling and dating all wrapped food prior to placing them in the cooler.
- Stores clean dishes and clean flatware in appropriate areas.
- Collects money and writes receipts for guest meals and forwards monies and receipts to give to the Manager. Supportive Living.
- Serves residents/customers in the Bistro as needed.
- Operates POS system for collection of payment for food sales in Bistro.
Communication and Customer Service:
- Maintains professional and ethical standards at all times.
- Promotes and maintains appropriate and effective communication with Residents, Residents’ family members, members of the multidisciplinary health care team, attending physicians, volunteers and visitors.
- Promotes and maintains good public relations with individuals within the facility and agencies external to the facility.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills and promotes a customer-focused environment.
- Maintains current and effective communication with relevant community organizations and institutions influencing departmental programs and services.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma is preferred
- Experience in food service or the hospitality industry is preferred
- Food Safe Handling course is preferred
- Food service or related hospitality courses are an asset
- The business language of the corporation is English. Knowledge of a second language would be an asset.
St. Michael’s offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com
Please note due to the volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.